what do you do whan you just cant take it anymore?

I think we've all had moments where we feel like we just cant handle, our toddler or pre-schooler. what do you do when you feel like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My son's older but sometimes we still have some really bad days- that's when I have him watch a movie or play alone in his room. If things get really bad I'll call my brother and see if he can spend a few hours with him. He gets some fun time with his uncle and I get to relax a bit.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree. We di nit watch a lot of TV in our house. So if it is just one of those days, I will turn it on and let them daze off into television land.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 1:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• "do not" sorry, my keyboard sticks, lol.
    kgsharber

Answer by kgsharber at 1:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• big smile miniI pray for God to help me through. I do the best i can until nap time and then i get a little break and sometimes take a nap myself, or a hot bath with a good book, something for me.. Than when his daddy gets home if poss. I tell him I need a break your turn and go for a walk, just go in my room for awhile and lock the door ect... It is very hard sometimes I have no support from family or friends where I live so I pretty much to it all myself. Hang in there mama they won't be toddlers forever! my oldest is 23 and I miss him. what you do matters and will make a huge impact in your little ones life. YOU CAN DO THIS.

beeluvin

Answer by beeluvin at 1:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You place the child in his bedroom, shut the door, and go collect yourself. By asking this question, you realize the importance of walking away and not taking your anger out on the child. Yes, everyone has those moments, we wouldn't be human if we didn't. But realize you need a break. Call a friend or a parent to come help you out.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Have them go to thier room, watch tv or sit in time out.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 2:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Lock yourself in the bathroom take a long hot bath put some head phones on & relax for 10 minutes...Guess what nothings going to happen to the in 10 minutes
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 5:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• make his siters or dad go play with him because he is usally an angel if its just me & him
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I usually put him in his room for a time out, and if he get's out of bed I make him get back in bed. I allow him to feel frustrated, angry, upset etc., but give him the choice to talk about it with me, or go spend some time by himself. We also take a walk to the library, or sometimes just make him go outside and play while I take a coffee break etc.
    Ade930

Answer by Ade930 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I put a movie on then have a few minutes to work out or read a magazine. Then when I feel refreshed, we have some cuddle time.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:45 AM on Oct. 18, 2010