What is Ameriplan?

I keep hearing about Ameriplan. I get it is some type of insurance or discount plan. I had thought about joining but will it be around if universal health care does get approved in the US? Just curious before I invest.

Also what does it cover? I had though about possibly getting it if we lose our insurance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Money & Work

• Well first of all IF universal healthcare does happen it is not going to be here for years and years. Even if it does someday, there will still be a need for affordable dental comverage. Ameriplan started 16 years ago with just the dental plans. The medical plans have only been around for a couple of years. Ameriplan is already Lobbying in Congress for discount plans to be an option IF and WHEN universal healthcare happens. They are not going to go under...they are a multimillion dollar solid company. Ameriplan covers EVERYTHING done by dentist/doctors/specialists/hospitals, etc. Except orthodontic work already in progress. You will save up to 80% at the dentist and up to 50% or more on lprescription, vision, chiropractic, doctors vists, etc. If you would like to know the exact details let me know. I will be happy to help you:)
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 10:44 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• It will cover anything you can imagine. From normal dental and doctor visits all the way to cosmetic surgery.

As far as what happens if... Ameriplan is already in agreement with HUGE companies nationwide to lower their costs for our members. IF universal healthcare kicks in there will still be benefits available with Ameriplan for all the gaps. And yes there will be tons of them... Please PM me and I will give you a more detailed answer as there really isn't enough room in this box.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• "it" doesn't cover ANYTHING. It is NOT insurance. It is a discount plan that MAY save you a little money. It is a rip off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Really? It doesn't cover anything? Hmmm....well my husband went to the dentist last month for a periodic oral exam, teeth cleaning, and xrays. The total would have been $204 and with Ameriplan we only paid $85. We save more than $100 on that one visit for my husband. I dont know about you but I would rather pay $85 instead of $204. I never said it was Insurance. I said it is a discount plan. You pay an affordalbe member fee every month and get huge discounts on your dental/medical expenses. It is not a rip off. You kow what is a rip off is? Insurance companies that charge you 100's of $ a month for insurance that you may or may not use and then have huge deductibles on top of that. Now, THAT is a rip off!!!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 11:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Its not insurance coverage. It's a discount plan for care. They negotiate rates with participating doctors and subscribers pay to have access to those rates. The doctors agree because it gives them more traffic, subscribers agree because it saves them money verses no insurance. Much like some local places sell directly -- in Texas we have "CareNow" and you can get on their discount plan which gives you a percentage discount on all of their rates, and a free physical every year. Or you can get on Walgreens/CVS private pharmacudical plan to help lower your out of pocket if you don't have insurance.
    Anonymous

• I'm glad it's not insurance...if it was insurance it would be very expensive in the first place! Ameriplan is the #1 discount health benefits company! To learn more check out www.fahtinformation.com
    businesswife1

Answer by businesswife1 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I have more information about it in my profile. Let me know if I can help!
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 3:05 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• RIP OFF. These people that are singing it's praises are those trying to make money pushing it on people. Do some research on states that have banned it and how big of a rip off it is.
    Anonymous

• I've made over $150K from Home - my advice: No matter how many biz opps you search, you're wasting your time, unless you learn how to market ! If you've EVER wanted to LEARN HOW the TOP EARNERS make BIG $$$ ONLINE, learn for NEARLY FREE & EARN WHILE YOU LEARN, $50 - $200 daily, this is  the best $15 you'll EVER spend & will help your earning power for the rest of your life CLICK HERE NOW  >  http://GuaranteedCash4You.com  214-377-8015

BlessingsInCash

Answer by BlessingsInCash at 2:23 AM on Nov. 4, 2008