Are white men more apt to be gay?

I don't hang around gay gathering places and I don't have any gay friends but I have never seen a gay Black, Hispanic or Asian couple. I suppose they are there but maybe they are not as interested in everyone knowing they are gay? It's pretty easy to pick out a gay man but even a lesbian "looks" more like any heterosexual woman. Are white men more apt to be gay?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 1:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Of course not
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Race has nothing to do with it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• *face palm* really? just REALLY?
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No--because we are all basically alike in the womb...developmentally and genetically ..except for skin pigmentation. I have seen gay couples of all colors in the Twin Cities. It is just not a "color of the skin" thing.In college in the 1980's, when gay couples were just beginning to be brave enough to appear together in big cities where there is less prejudice, we saw all shapes,sizes,religions,ethinicity,colors ...on Campus and other places.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 1:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, but statistically and culturally they're more likely to be out. Culturally speaking, African American and Hispanic cultures make it a lot harder for an individual to come out. These cultures have a macho and masculine idea of what a man is, and in their eyes homosexuality is generally counter to that ideal.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 1:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Seriously??? I have seen all ethnic groups as couples. Male and female.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No. There are Plenty of Gay men/women of many different cultures. Clearly you're just not in an environment where that is common or you just don't know who is and who isn't. Being gay isn't always as obvious as people think. Yes some lesbians are on the butch side, and some men are on the more feminine side. However, some gay people are just men and just women and you can't tell just by first impression that they're gay.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Act incredulous all you want but as I said I don't hang out where they do and I live in a suburb of Houston where there are not many gays. All I can know is what I see. I still see no proof here that gays are not predominately white. Maybe if I lived in San Fran.......
    itsmesteph11

Comment by itsmesteph11 (original poster) at 2:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 2:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No! Homosexuals, Bisexuals & Transgendered individuals come in all colors, shapes & sizes!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010