My sons father doesnt believe he is the father and says he wont do anything till he has proof even though he knows he is the only man i was with, when the proof is given should i allow him access to my son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like he doesn't want anything to do with him anyway. After you get a DNA test done, if he's the father, if he wishes to have visitation, unless there is a valid reason why he shouldn't, you're going to have to let him see the baby.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You might not have a choice. When he has proof, he can petition the court for visitation.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• ok first of all no actually he DOESNT know. you wold thnk he WOULD but he doesnt actually KNOW. get the DNA test done and settle this. as for letting him see the child? you dont have a choice. if he is the biological father he has rights to see his child. that isnt your choice.
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 1:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• See, that's one of those things that I always asked myself too. The idea came from watching daytime talk shows. Haha
    I would always ask "Why would I want [him] to be apart of my child's life if he claims from the beginning that the child isn't his?" So I would simply ask him this, "Would you be full involved physically, emotionally, and financially if the test proved to be that he's yours?" If he doesn't have any plans of being involved or can't decide then don't even bother with the test. If he doesn't have any intention of being involved then why dos he need to concern himself with it? For that matter, you shouldn't bother with him either if he has no intentions.

I would have a hard time forgiving him for telling me I was unfaithful. For him claiming the child wasn't his. So it would be hard for me to allow him in the child's life either way.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i'd just have the test done to show him he's wrong!
    luzianagurl

Answer by luzianagurl at 1:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Get a DNA test. He has every right to doubt whether the child is his or not. Once the results come back, if it is his child and he wants to be involved in the child's life, let him.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Maybe you should just wait and see how his attitude is towards your baby afterwards, make him def earn the privilage. You should pray about it!
    adyssonsmommy

Answer by adyssonsmommy at 3:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He is a Jack ass. He won't come to the visitation even if the court gives it to him. Get the DNA test, get your child support money, and you will never see him again.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 4:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010