Are you late to a destination or are you always on time?

I get as much ready as possible and I am usually on time. Any tricks you want to share with me will be great. Thanks.

My tip: I write lists, lots of lists.

2tinyhineys

Asked by 2tinyhineys at 1:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• I can't stand being late its just like getting to church 5 minutes late you just rather not go at all than to walk in late. If I was late for work I feel like I should just call in, it messes up your whole day being in such a rush. So I try never to be late.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• always on time
    LucySchmidt

Answer by LucySchmidt at 2:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Like I was taught if you are on time you are late and the early bird gets the worm.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I grew up in a family that was always late. My mother, who is a witch with a CAPITAL B always blamed us kids for it. They have not had us kids living at home for over ten years and guess what?! They are still always late! lol Well, anyway, it's really important to me to make sure I am not late and in fact at least 15 minutes early so when I make appointments, I automatically set the time for at least 30 minutes earlier. If I have to travel more than an hour, I give myself another hour on top of the time I think it will take me for every hour I do have to travel to give myself plenty of time for bathroom stops, etc along the way - not to mention, construction, traffic, etc! For example, I have one doctor I see every month in the next state over. It takes about 2 hours to get there without any problems. I give myself 4 hours to get there. The worst thing that has happened is I am an hour or so early. They usually get me in then.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well I usually try and be on time but am usually a bit late not by much though. yesterday we thought we were 30 min later to a party and were actually right on time lol
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• on time. My SIL however will show up HOURS late with no remorse

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We are always on time. I do not make lists or anything. I am just on time. :)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am always at least 15 minutes early, and wait in the car if it is not time to go in! I HATE when people are late! I have 4 kids and one on the way, and the only thing you have to do is get ready in time!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I ausually 2-5 mins late. I hate being that way & get angry with myself. Its usually when I have to take the kids with me, & in the morning for the fact im too busy getting them ready & dont get up more than an hour before i have to leave because I like my sleep, so then I still have to get myself ready. Or I try to do too much before I leave instead of just getting ready & leaving. i am working on it though & getting better!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Always on time or a little early (about 5-10 minutes). I feel like it doesn't show respect for the person your meeting, or the meeting your going to, etc. if you show up late.
    Of course we don't always get that respect back when we're sitting in a doctors office waiting for our appointment! But that's life!
    To me, showing up to time, shows that you value the other person's time too.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 7:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010