IT's a long story, but my x/DH was WRONGLY convicted of sexual assault against me. We are working on a pardon for his "crime" but in the meantime....How can I reassure them that they are ok? adult content

I was heavily medicated at the time - so my memory of the incident is very foggy and the FACTS just don't support it (no semen on my clothes, or from the rape kit, etc.). I was fully dressed and found that way, etc....my problem is this: His conviction is part of public record and although we don't live together, he sees our kids at my home. We have had no personal problems. I live in an apartment complex and of course the neighbors know the conviction, but not the true story.
The neighbors have harassed us a lot but now, they are turning on my kids. One neighbor last week told my dd she was "a dirty little girl" and falsely accused her of touching her butt. She told my dd she was going to "go to prison for touching my butt - when I said NO!" My dd got severely angry! She barely touches her OWN butt much less anyone elses!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Take all the true evidence you have and have the conviction overturned if you can. If no crime was commited then there should be a way to have the charge removed from his record (I think, but then again, I'm not a lawyer). As for the people harassing your children, I agree with some of the previous posters, confront these people and tell them to back off, or talk to the apartment manager and let him know than if it continues you'll have to press charges against these people. No one should have to go through what any of you are going through, good luck and I hope everything works out.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• This is terrible. It's no one's darn business anyway. I'd talk to that woman if anything else happens. I'd explain to her the situation and hopefully everyone will back off your kids. People talk.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i am at a loss. why would they have convicted him if there was no assualt? oh honey i am so sorry
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would talk to the apartment management about the people harassing your children, or confront them yourself.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not that you should have to "run" from your problems but if it were me I would move, if that is even an option. Then no one where you move to needs to know about your x/dh & would have no reason to torment your poor kids. Imsorry that you have to go thro this.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 4:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The neighbors have harassed us a lot but now, they are turning on my kids. One neighbor last week told my dd she was "a dirty little girl" and falsely accused her of touching her butt. She told my dd she was going to "go to prison for touching my butt - when I said NO!" My dd got severely angry! She barely touches her OWN butt much less anyone elses! I filed harassment charges against the woman and the police officer that took the report is a really cool one. He knows the true story and talked to her and told her that he knows the truth and that he knows that she would never do that! She's a little better now but I feel so bad for my children that they have to go through this torture!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I didn't start collecting the FACTS until I was in counseling and realized I had no actual memory of the event. Just what my "family" told me happened. I gathered police reports, the data page of the actual call and found out that I did NOT make the call. A member of my family called and they were not even at my house! I wasn't told the results of the rape kit or that I was found fully dressed. My family always hated my x and wanted him out of my life forever. When I started gathering the actual FACTS, police reports, etc....a very different picture began to show!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I really would like to show my identity about this on here and get it out in the open, but I am fearful of the backlash so I am going anon.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Question. How do you know what really happen if you cant even remember?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• How do you know what really happen if you cant even remember?

The 911 sheet showed my family memeber called from their house, the rape kit from me and my clothes showed no semen present, the police testified that I was found sleeping in my bed with all my clothes on the proper way - no rape was evident from the "scene", the family member who called sent a letter to my x basicly letting it be known that she was the one who made sure he was never going to see me or our kids again - not thinking that I would ever see that letter....

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010