How do you handle your husband cheating?

Shannon9834

Asked by Shannon9834 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• If we are talking a 1st time.

How I would respond would depend on many factors. Such as:
    * The form of cheating (one night stand, long term love affair..etc)
    * How I found out... Did he tell me, did I discover it.. Was he honest when asked.. Did he lie when confronted..etc.
    * The overall state of our marriage at the time of the cheating. What was our relationship like. Was it good? Was it bad? Were we having deep difficulties? Did everything appear to be hunky dory?
    * His feelings for the person he cheated with. His feelings for me. My feelings for him.
    * Whether or not he or I wanted our marriage or not. Whether or not he or I loved one another any longer or not.. Whether or not we were BOTH willing to workout issues we had in our marriage, and rebuild our marriage to the marriage we both needed and wanted and deserved..
    However. That's a 1st time thing. There is NO consideration or reconcillation for a 2nd time.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't.
    He doesn't cheat.
    No husband should.
    If he did he would be gone.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• How do I handle it? I pack his belongings, put them on the porch, change the locks and have a nice fine print divorce papers sitting on top for when he comes home.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I've seen it handled two ways; one, divorce, no questions, no appologies, no second chances, just divorce. And two, try to work it out, holding off on trusting him for a very long time, lots of counseling and trying to learn to forgive him.
    Me personally, when I found out that my ex-husband cheated I tried to forgive him at first, but he kept doing it so I left and we eventually divorced, but in my case there was abuse in the mix so I was leaving more to save myself than to get away from the cheating. If the marriage is in any way salvagable, go with counseling and try to fix what's left, if it's not, break it off and live life without the heartache.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 2:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Wouldnt Put up with it!
    Get a Divorce soon as possible Im glad and thankful I dont have this problem I dont deal with drama @ all
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wouldn't handle it well he would be coming home to everything thrown out on the lawn..better yet I would take his crap and drop it off on his jobsite and tell him to stay with his new female...we would be divorced asap
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Its easy to say you would leave and all that but prob. harder than that in reality. I would think you should take care of yourself and your happiness and sanity before you worry about him and the marriage. Hope you're ok, may God give you strength
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• By Throwing Everything he owns & him OUT!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Personally, I wouldn't put up with it. My husband knew when we got married that cheating is a deal breaker. Although that's just my choice for me personally (I've been cheated on before). What other people do is up to them. I know couples who have been able to come back from it. I just know I couldn't. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use to be and a open marriage with rules of course we had the protect your mate one we always used proteaction when we are with other person. We had days that we had dates and that we set up for our child. We had the no meet the kids rules. We had family and close friends should not know rule. It was exciting at first then when is was over we expected other relationshops to be that way he has had two devoice and me I had been with the same man for five years and my new man for a year. it is a real grown up choice to be open or not.
    dorotheabrown37

Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010