"Tying Your Tubes" adult content

PLEASE NOTE, I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND ANYONE OUT THERE WHO MAY READ THIS...Sometimes I sit & wonder how other women out there feel after having a tubal done...It's been almost 6 years now, && at times I admit there's REGRET....I have 2 boys, and sometimes wish I could be given a CHANCE again to have a daughter since I already have my sons..At other times I'm reminded just how hard it would be having to raise 3 kids on my own..(U KNOW THERE'S NEVER A GUARANTEE THAT DADS WILL STICK AROUND)Besides that, the doctor who tyed my tubes has a great track record of making sure once its done, its not going to happen...Im sure it may sound SELFISH to some, but I am just wondering how others feel, if ya had the choice again, would you choose YES OR NO && why???

BootyQueen_1974

Asked by BootyQueen_1974 at 2:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• First i would like to say there is hope for you if you didnt have them clipped and burned i had a tubal with tiny rubber bands in 2005 i havent went to get them undone no need to because im 33 weeks preggo with a surprise baby i am glad they do give women the option now of having a permanent tubal or a reversable im happy i chose reversable because it now allows me to have a baby with my mr right its my 4th but his 1st :) IDK if you are religious but i can tell you a little bit of prayer goes a long long way it worked for me!
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have often felt a sadness and longing, baby hunger. LOL its not selfish. its part biology and part of who we are. i would have loved to have had more than alex. but we had to make the right choice in stopping at one. but that doesnt stop me dreaming and wishing sometimes
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 2:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Some people are fertile mertiles like myself and BC doesnt work for them. I have one of each and I'm happy with just two. I dont want anymore so I'm going to do what it takes to prevent it and do a tubal tie. BC doesnt work for so thats my only opinion.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Hmmm, well I am happy with my decision now but there was a time I struggled with it. I would do the same thing again but only b/c I couldn't physically carry a baby.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• after i had my 2nd child i wanted to get my tubes tied but i was not the age in PA at the time now i have 4 kids. I love all of them dearly but still wish i got them tied. I guess if it wasnt soo hard for me right now i wouldnt my 4 kids. But I think you are being selfish
    lovelypisces

Answer by lovelypisces at 2:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I had my tubes tied little over a year ago and there isn't a bone in my body that wishes that i could do it all over again. I have my DD and all i ever wanted in life was to be a momma and that's what i am and if I don't say so myself i am a great momma. I am 33 and I i had my DD shortly after i turned 30. I had a great pregnancy and my DD is and was completely healthy. I also have a 9 yrs old SD and 13 yrs old SS and they are my children just as much as my Little girl is. My SS lives with us. So NO i don't regret my decision to get my tubes tied.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I will never have my tubes tied. Im lucky Im in a happy marriage and when we are done having kids we have decided that my husband is getting snipped :) Ive carried and had them he can do the snipping :) I dont want to feel like Ive lost something. Good Luck! Im sorry. if you get re-married ask if you can have it reversed
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• [[Thanks for all the responses ladies....I didn't realize so MANY would reply]]you rock

BootyQueen_1974

Comment by BootyQueen_1974 (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Honestly, the only thing I regret is not getting it done earlier! I wanted my tubes tied after my second child, and the hospital refused on religious grounds. I didn't push the issue or find other options... Now, I'm wishing I could go back and find other options, having them done sooner!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i have regreted it since day one.when i had my last baby mind you i have 4 kids i was so sad but my hubby refused to have another baby that is cause he was a mamas boy at the time.and to the one who said she was selfish to get it done,tell me how so??i know the op personally and see her struggle by herself with her kids!!she did what she did for a reason.
    wicked_tink

Answer by wicked_tink at 5:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010