Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving out of state with child (Illinois)

I need some info. I will be contacting my lawyer tomorrow but do any of you know? I am only moving 10 mile into the next state which only equals a 30 minute drive from XH to us.
I know I have to get consent from XH. How do I go about that? Does it have to be written down or will verbal do? Also, How do you recommend me going about telling him? Do I "ask" or just politely tell him and wait for objections?
He already asked me 8 months ago when would I be moving so this won't come as a shock to him but...


Asked by Jademom07 at 3:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

Level 34 (64,323 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • i have moved out of town more then one time for job purposes first thing I ask the other party would you like to take care of your child while i am gone. Most of the time they don't want to be respoinible. My first husband shock the crap out of me when he adopted our daughter so I would not have to pay child support and she lives with him now and visit when ever.

    Answer by dorotheabrown37 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010