Does your newborn do this too?

Stay alseep while you are out and about with louds noises, music blaring, etc. but at home wake at the sound of a pin dropping?!!! Why do they do that?

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 3:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine does that as well and I am not sure. However, I try to keep noise up when at home and its during the day so he knows its day and try to be quieter at night, so he knows its night time. Time for sleep.
    siimply_me

Answer by siimply_me at 3:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It's a protective mechanism. The brain gets over loaded and they need to process all the new cool stuff. So they sleep. They check out.

It's normal, safe, healthy.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• mine does this as well!! i was wondering why aslo!! lol
    Jandr082908

Answer by Jandr082908 at 4:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My dd has slept through a Luau, numerous military ceremonies, dogs barking, packed stores at the mall...you name it. I think it's a matter of getting used to the noise around them, then if the noise level changes, they wake up.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• mine used to do that when she was a few months old.. now shes 5 1/2 months old she dont stay asleep in a store she just wants to look at everything! so i guess they grow out of it
    Jandr082908

Answer by Jandr082908 at 3:50 PM on Jan. 13, 2011