I love veggies, really love the pintos and greens and all the really good gassy foods. If I take Beano will it help keep my newborn ady from gettin gas to? Seems that it would since everything that goes through my system goes to her aswell.

adyssonsmommy

Asked by adyssonsmommy at 3:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I eat all the "gassy" foods and my DD has never ever had any problems.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 3:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Foods that make mom gassy do not make baby gassy. Mom's gas does not pass through the blood and into the milk, just the nutrients from the food. Really good info at My baby is gassy. Is this caused by something in my diet?

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Your stomach will break everything down and once it gets into your blood- the fibers that cause gas will not be there (they will in fact be in your intestines, making gas :). It is pretty unlikely that the foods you like will make your newborns gas worse- babies HAVE gas, it is normal and helps them poop since they don't really have the muscle coordination to push it out yet. Besides, all those foods you love are super healthy and have tons of great things you baby will get!!
    christinab313

Answer by christinab313 at 6:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010