Halloween party for elem. school-need ideas please

My son is in third grade and I am in charge of his party. Need some fun games and ideas. Thanks

JackieGirl007

Asked by JackieGirl007 at 3:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Holidays

• You can have a dance party where while the kids are dancing someone can go around and award prizes for the best costume. The most interesting dancing and so forth. You could do a halloween hunt where the kids search for a hidden halloween item hidden somewhere and a prize could be awarded. This would be similiar to an Egg hunt but for halloween. These are only suggestions though.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Bob for apples was always one of my favorite games to play in the fall
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 6:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I dont think bob for apples would be appropriate at school- how gross a bunch of kids drooling in a bucket of water!

How about .. cut pumpkins/bats/ ect out of construction paper & tape to floor. Play music. and do like a musical chair- removing a piece of paper each round unil you have a winner.
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 12:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Tie the apples to the ceiling and have them bob for apples that way. I just left some ideas in another post. It was for a lady who wants to throw a mini halloween party at her house.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:59 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• if you are looking for a cute craft idea we made really cute spiders when I worked at an after school program at an elementary school. all you need is black or whit yarn, black construction paper, glue, tape and a white crayon and they are really easy to make and the kids really love making them. It's too long to write the whole thing here but pm me if you're interested :) If you are looking for a good food or drink idea a fun drink is to make witches brew...there are tons of recipes out there but basically you need a big black cauldron, and a punch bowl that fits inside. put dry ice in the bottom of the cauldron and cover with enough water to make it steam, put the punch bowl inside and fill with a drink of your choosing. It looks really cool and kids really love it!
    Baby.Fremd7

Answer by Baby.Fremd7 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 20, 2010