My daughter doesn't like buttons! What's up with that?

When my dd was around one year old I noticed that she wouldn't wear a certain jacket. Some time later she threw a big fit over a shirt and now she's 3 and refused to put on her new pyjama. "Come on, it's cute. It's pink and mommy bought it for you." N O W A Y I could make her wear it. Eventually she broke out in tears saying she doesn't like the buttons. ..... Looking back I realized, that all the clothes she would fight off to wear had indead buttons! She just wasn't old enaugh to tell! Isn/t that weird?
So my question is, what funny, totally irrational qirk does you child(dren) have? I'm sure some of you have amusing stories to share. Or serious one's. We'll see.

P.S. There's no explanation why she doesn't like the buttons, but we took the easy way out and avoid button-things at the moment. lol

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 3:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter did that with laces and denim. She refused to wear any denim even if it did look cute. And she couldn't be bothered with laces whatsoever so I resorted to buying slip on shoes or velcroe.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• When my kids try something new to eat, they won't even touch it unless I take a bite of it off of their plate first and tell them how good it is. lol.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010