Anyone else into the Kama Sutra adult content

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 3:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Okay.. :-)

I have a fabulous one that was given to me by my Grandmother when I got married (I'm of Indian descent and was raised Hindu). It's titled " The Complete Kama Sutra The First Unabridged Modern Translation of the Classic Indian Texty" Translated by Alain Danielou.. It's FABULOUS!!! lol I learned so much from that book. There's soooooo much more to it than just sexual positions, so very much more.

I would recommend a full copy ofthe Kama Sutra to anyone and everyone who engages in sex/sexual relationships. It's not only enlightening in regards to positions, but human nature and sex, how to explore and revel in your own sexuality, how to experience heights of pleasure and how to give those same heights to another.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oh yeah! Hubby bought me a Kama Sutra book our first married Valentine's day. Unfortunately, it was in the closet beside our bathroom and our tub cracked and flooded that room, too, and it got ruined :( I have my eye on a few other versions, though, and I've got them in my Amazon cart or wishlist.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• HECK YES!! I have so many books and toys and fun things ;)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 3:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Okay Pink.... Clarify for me.. The Kama Sutra as in the position books that people buy, that are just the positions.. Or the actual Kama Sutra that is far more than positions and goes into the arts of seduction, different touches, social behaviours..ect..ect the thousands of years old text..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oopps... I was wrong... I pulled my 2 copies out.... and...

The copy my grandmother gave me was the one that had exerts from the original translation done by Burton in the late 1880's.. And the extracts from Devadatta Shastra It's not a fully english translated copy, still has quite a bit of sanskrit and "modern" Hindi in it... The Alain Danielou copy is one that I received as an anniversary gift.. Sorry about that :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes the old one or the versions that are along that text.
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I want that copy for myself it sounds interesting.
    pinkdragon36

Comment by pinkdragon36 (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The older one? I'm not sure if you can get your hands on one. The one my grandmother had given me was her's (I believe..not sure though).. I think my mom has a copy of the older one as well (but not positive...LOL I can't remember ever asking her about it))

The newer one is an excellent copy as well. I swear, it's 2-3 inches thick in hardback.. LOL The contents are very very all encompassing. It's 7 parts long with 2-6 chapters per part. Chapters range from topics such as : :" The Three Aims of life".. to .. "Arousing a weakend sexual power"... In chapters like "Biting" the book goes into detail about different types of bites and how they stimulate, how biting/different types of bites applied to various parts of the body cause different stimulations and reactions... It's very very detailed!!!! I really feel it's a MUST read for anyone who is in a long term sexual relationship.. It's very enlightening..LOL
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2010