As I was growing up Sunday dinner was traditional. How about you.

Family would gather and it was the biggest meal of the week. Do you still practice this?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 3:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We eat dinner as a family almost every single night. We get to my mommas for dinner one every few weeks to a month & dinner with my grandma every month or every other month. I love family dinners. My dads side are close & we all love food, so a dinner together frequently is a must!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 7:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Actually that's how it worked when I was growing up. I try to hold to that traditional thinking here most of the time.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I try to have at least one big family "sit down together" meal a week, but it's not always on a Sunday.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 3:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• YES, and my mother-in-law and i cook every sat night for Sunday dinner. I think its very important to keep these traditions going for our children, and their memories. My family hardly speaks and I want my children to know that family is everything!
    adyssonsmommy

Answer by adyssonsmommy at 3:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i usually get together with my family for lunch on sunday. whether it be at a restraunt or my inlaws i eat with family
    Phippsandrea

Answer by Phippsandrea at 3:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Whe I was growing up we went to my grandparents every Sunday night (only during the summer) for dinner :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 3:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Fried Chicken, poultry gravy, Mashed potatoes and corn / peas.

JulySmile

Answer by JulySmile at 3:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No, growing up everyone was so busy, if we all were in the same place once a week that would have been amazing. We try to sit down and eat as a family (at least those who are home at dinner time) most days. Sunday just happens to be the day my husband is home at dinner time. But it is not always a big meal.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• it kind of still is for us but not every sunday
    diana398

Answer by diana398 at 3:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• nope it was just another meal in my home growing up
    BlacksheepSati

Answer by BlacksheepSati at 3:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010