i am sick..i have been coughing and sneezing and my throat hurts really bad..i feel like it is only getting worse i am pregnant and i dont know if i should go to the doctor or what??

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 10:48 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it's just a virus. I wouldn't worry unless you get really sick. They can't do anything for viruses or the common cold.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Try to do natural methods like saline spray or a netty pot. My mother and aunt (both nurses) swear by the netty pot. It looks like a little tea pot that you fill with warm salt water. Get lots of towels and lean over the sink and pour it into one of your nostrils and it will clean all the crap out of your sinuses. It sounds gross, but it does work. You can pick them up at a drug store for about $10. Other than that just get tons of sleep. With the weather changes there's not much else you can do. Also try to sleep at an incline. If your throat hurts and you have sinus issues you might have post-nasal drip. There is nothing you can do about it, but get some cough drops to soothe your throat. Good luck! I'm in the same boat, but when I got better from my cold, my son came home with a new virus not even a week later!
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 11:02 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• i would go to the doctor so you know it won't effect the baby
    jumpingjack

Answer by jumpingjack at 12:01 PM on Oct. 28, 2008