why would he tell me to come back, but not as a reporter next time?

i showed up and interviewed a shyish but hip guy for an article. we had a (bewildering to both of us) connection, i didnt misread THAT. he said i was easy to talk to... he asked me to come back soon not as business and he wanted to introduce me to owners of shops i mentioned i was interested in, in a newly chic part of town. and he said later the pleasure was all his and appreciates my attentiveness and enthusiasm, and i'd find lots of exciting things were happening on his end of town. whats goign on, anything? please spill

silverelf

Asked by silverelf at 4:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Based solely on what you shared here.

I would say this... He was putting out the feelers, to get to know you outside of a professional meeting/setting.. He liked you, something about you caught his interest/intriqued him, and he wants to see if that spark is still there outside of a professional setting. Which I think is actually a good sign. A jackass would have made a move on you or an offer during "business".. He was considerate enough and shrewed enough to make it clear that there is a line between business and pleasure. And that he would like to spend sometime with you/get to know you outside of a professional/business context.

Just my interpretation based on what has been shared :-)
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sounds like he was very impressed with you. The only advice I can give, if he's in a management position, I'd be real cool and slow. GL

zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• he did good to seperate business from pleasure.. but he could have been more gentleman about it.. like ask you out for dinner or something.. his word choice sounds like he wants some BOOTY!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010