Do you stand up for religious beliefs which are not your own or which you don't agree with?

Why or Why Not?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 4:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Not really.. I don't feel it is my place.
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 4:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes.
    Just because the belief is not mine, does not mean that it is invalid/less than/deserving of discrimination or deserving of ridicule.

Since I believe all beliefs are valid, all beliefs are legitimate, all beliefs are a path to God., no belief is wrong or below mine. Or less worthy of respect than mine.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't believe in bashing others for their beliefs. I don't have to agree with the world to be okay with me. I just have no desire to spend my life trying to disprove other peoples beliefs. I actually admire ones great faith in their higher power! It amazes me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I guess you can say that. I have a general education about religion and cultures so I understand peoples beliefs a little better. I do not necessarily agree with everyone's beliefs but I definitely do not diss them either. If someone else says something negative about a persons beliefs I get really upset though, that's just not cool.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I only say it is their choice.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 4:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I don't necessaily stand up for other beliefs but I do stand up for the rights of others to believe what they choose to believe.

NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 4:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I will and have, especially against someone who is fueling hate toward them, or spreading incorrect information -that kind of thing
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I stand up for a person's right to believe what they want.
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes. I think it is silly to treat people poorly becuse of somthing they believe that most likely will not effect you.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:31 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do. We're all entitled to our beliefs, and I won't stand idly by while someone is being ridiculed or mistreated because of what he/she believes. I also agree with pixie in believing that all paths are valid and lead to the same End. I believe the differences are important, because I believe that our paths are made specifically with us in mind, so that we can best relate to and understand the Divine. So all beliefs, even nonbelief, are to be respected and encouraged, IMO.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010