For those who have Foodstamps or TANF

Hello i have foodstamps but i need some money and i wanted to apply for TANF so i can get some money. I know i cant have both but b4 i appy i wanted to know how much would i get for me and my 2year old son?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its different in every single state and county, and that applys to how much you get, and what are the qualifying factors.

OH, and they will make you start looking for a job right then and there, and be away from your child every day, and have the child in day care. They will NOT allow you to stay home and do nothing, and still pull in cash assistance.
    LizzieyTish

Answer by LizzieyTish at 10:53 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• t\Well i was going to appy for TANF , in missouri you can have both, and one thing i found out was that you can not claim you child on taxes!!! i would reather wait at the end of the year and get one hudge check. If you need money for diapers, clothes and utilities/rent then look into some churches, they help out a lot. i reasearched places online and it was a lifesaver. :) good LUck
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Every state is different, some it's easier to get both and some will only give you food stamps. You just have to fill out the paperwork and see what they say.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:46 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• all states are different, completely depends on your income, your assets, etc. Go apply and see what programs you do qualify for.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 3:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I live in NV & after I had my son I got approved for both TANF & Food Stamps. It saved me till I started working again. I was the only parent & had no income while I was on Maternaty leave. Not sure if I qualified becouse of the lack of income but it's worth asking about.
    earthturtle

Answer by earthturtle at 5:23 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Will, with TANF, usually, they will allow you to have it "free" for about 3-5 months, then they will make you get a job. The job's are usually lowsy, and require you to apply for title 20. My friend uses TANF, and the only job she could get pays her 2.36 an hour. She's miserable and can't pay for rent, all to have TANF.
    DLucas4108

Answer by DLucas4108 at 9:42 PM on Oct. 28, 2008