If you could go back to college, would you?

I would like to go back to college, not for the degree/education, but for the dorm life. All of my college education came after I was married and had children. I never got to live in the dorm. After seeing my children finish college and how much fun and how many friends they made in dorm life, that is what I want. Would you go back to college for such a flimsy reason as to live in a dorm? I have several degrees and do not need another now that I am retired from the world of work. Thanks all.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 4:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in

• I'm currently in college and never got the dorm experience either. I do kind of wish I went to school before kids so that I didn't have to juggle everything all at once, and I would have gone to school for anthropology not social work like I am now.... Now that I'm a parent the anthropology lifestyle is just not practical :( I wish I got to go on study abroad things and such, but that just didn't happen.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Namaste, my dd has a degree in Anthropology. I really do not know what it is for, with a minor in Fine Arts. Thank Heaven above that she went on to complete a Master's Degree, and then onto Medical school and Law school.

Anonymous

• no I'm only 23 Ive never went to away college & dont care if I ever do. Never been much of a party person but I will be going back after this baby is born to finish my degree.
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 4:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have just finished my BA in United States History. I plan to go back for my Master's degree. I have plenty of friends who have experience dorm life. From all of their experiences I can honestly that it is not something that interested me or interests me now. I prefer commuting.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 6:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• that's a no brainer!!! do what you do to increase you opportunity for success both in the work place and at home
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 7:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• nope. My place is in my home, taking care of my family. I have no use for a college education. My family is the most important thing to me.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:57 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I only got the dorm life when I 'moved' in with my now husband into his dorm room. Would I have liked to experience that? Yes. Will I go back to college just for that when my kids are grown? No. It's like many things in my life that I missed out on. It is something I would've liked to do but it was out of my control and I acknowledge and accept that.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I never had a hankering for dorm life. I am back in college but only at night - I do wish it were during the day.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 5:53 PM on Oct. 18, 2010