Starting heparin... Nervous!

I'm 28 weeks and my doctor is switching me from Lovenox to Heparin, I'm wondering is Heparin safe to take now? I've heard all these things like people dying from it so I’m nervous to start… is that scare over or is there a brand to stay away from?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• The stories you've heard on Heparin are most likely infants who were in patients in Hospitals recieving the wrong dosage because Pharmacists and nurses weren't following protocol. Your risk as an adult is very small.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:32 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I agree with above statement BUT on top of that there was a series of contaminated heparin. So all of those were recalled. BUT heparin is safe to take now. I am currently on heparin injections due to a rare blood clotting disorder.
    eku_mommy

Answer by eku_mommy at 10:53 AM on Sep. 1, 2009