If you're 66, female and runnin g a fever of 102.5.. Wht should you do?

Brenda67938

Asked by Brenda67938 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• Need more information. But first I would take some Tylenol or Ibuprofen to see if the fever will go down below 100. How do you feel otherwise?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Go to the doctor or emergency room.
    Anonymous

• I would call a doctor. It is all dependent on the patient. I don't want to ask you what her history is, i am sure she wouldn't want it posted on the internet lol. but i think the best option is to call her doctor who would have access to her history.
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 4:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If this were myself, I'd take some Tylenol, eat some Pedialite icepops and stay in bed.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree with silbersmom. I would do the same...as long I was not a person with a compromised immune system, like with cancer or any serious medical condition. In those cases I would go to the ER.

Hope you feel better!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would first take tylenol & drink lots of fluids to see if the temp goes down. Poor thing, feel better, Hon!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 7:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• call nurse or take a cool shower and drink Gatorade and rest...hope you feel better
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010