Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

If you're 66, female and runnin g a fever of 102.5.. Wht should you do?

Answer Question

Asked by Brenda67938 at 4:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • Need more information. But first I would take some Tylenol or Ibuprofen to see if the fever will go down below 100. How do you feel otherwise?

    Answer by kerp1960 at 4:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • Go to the doctor or emergency room.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • I would call a doctor. It is all dependent on the patient. I don't want to ask you what her history is, i am sure she wouldn't want it posted on the internet lol. but i think the best option is to call her doctor who would have access to her history.

    Answer by KKline at 4:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • If this were myself, I'd take some Tylenol, eat some Pedialite icepops and stay in bed.

    Answer by silversmom at 4:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • I agree with silbersmom. I would do the long I was not a person with a compromised immune system, like with cancer or any serious medical condition. In those cases I would go to the ER.

    Hope you feel better!

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • I would first take tylenol & drink lots of fluids to see if the temp goes down. Poor thing, feel better, Hon!

    Answer by NicolesMommy at 7:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

  • call nurse or take a cool shower and drink Gatorade and rest...hope you feel better

    Answer by mekarevell at 12:24 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.