Dr. said you should drink 8 glasses of water everyday.. Do you do this?

smarie1011

Asked by smarie1011 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I try. 8 glasses at 8oz is just 64 oz of water.
    It is actually recommended that you drink more then that.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes, I try too, I like soup so most of the time if I have soup I drink a lot of them. Drink a lot of water is healthy for you and the baby and prevent preterm labor
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yeah, I try my best to keep up my 8 glasses of water. And I definitely did that throughout most of my pregnancy, so I suggest you to that.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 4:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I drink 1/2 my weight in oz of water daily. During pregnancy, I used the weight from my 1st dr appt but didn't increase after that. So if pre-preg weight was 150 lbs, i would drink 75 oz of water for the whole pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• What doctor said this? Because in fact it isn't true. For the majority of us need more than 8 glasses of water a day, that should be used as a bare minimum! In fact there is no way to effectively calculate the amount of water that people should drink in a blanket rule like that, each person's body is different and each person's need is different. If you are pregnant, nursing, over or under weight, exercising, on medication, dieting, eating a diet low in fruits and veggies or any number of other factors you actually need a good deal more water than 8 glasses a day. On the other hand, if you eat a diet high in what is called "edible water" such as fruits and veggies, your liquid water need is lower because your body actually retains water from food better than it does from liquid...

Anyways, to answer your question, I drink about a gallon of water a day...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes and more
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am doing good if I can drink 3 glasses a day. Just isn't my thing although I know it is good for me.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do drink several glasses of ice water daily, but I also drink a few electrolyte drinks.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I keep my camelbak water bottle with me and drink about 4 of thoes a day at least! I feel soo crappy if I don't get enough water! I did this before I was pregnant too! :)
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 6:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I drink 3 16.9 oz bottles of water a day.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010