Me Time :()How do I not feel guilty for being on the internet while I am off work?

luzianagurl

Asked by luzianagurl at 4:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• why should you feel guiltyy?
    san78

Answer by san78 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• good question..don't really know..feel like i should be cleanin or playing with a kid or watchin tv wth my hubby or somethin..
    luzianagurl

Comment by luzianagurl (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I dont know I feel guilty everytime I try to do something for myself, but we have to take care of ourself to be able to take care of our family!
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• that's a big part of it..havent done my toenails in forever lol! sorry too personal :)
    luzianagurl

Comment by luzianagurl (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It really is okay to take care of ourselves... we are better moms, and better able to cope with what life dishes out if we take a break or get some time for ourselves...
    Arisa

Answer by Arisa at 4:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• You just tell yourself, "Self, you are a person, too.  An individual and you have wants and needs that don't include your kids and husband and it is perfectly acceptable to fill those wants and needs as often as you want or need."

I really don't get the attitude that a woman stops being a person when she becomes a mother and every second should be devoted to catering to her family.  That's insane.  We are still people and should take time to ourselves (IMO--every single day) or do things we want without guilt.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Its ok to have a little me time just dont get obsessed with it and be on it the whole day or half a day because thats when real guilt comes in, all the things you could of got done and didnt.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 9:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010