What do I do, stuck in her nose??? 911

My daughter is 2 and has a small rubber band (hair tie) stuck in her nose... What do I do? I can't reach it, and she doesn't understand to blow her nose... Help!

JustmeTiff222

Asked by JustmeTiff222 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You could try tweezers, but it's WAY safer to go to the doc and have them do it.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 4:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree with Silversmom. I would think try to go to doctor have them pull out if you couldn't get them out yourself.
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 4:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Its safer to have the doctor do it. If youre going to do it use the kind of tweezers with the rounded not pointy ends on them. Since its sunday and your doctors office probably wont be open take her to an urgent care if theres one near you. Probably quicker than the hospital
    joscelyne

Answer by joscelyne at 4:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It really is okay. She can wait until tomorrow as long as she can breath okay. The doctor will just take some tweezers and get it out. I had a friend who's child actually had a sprouting seed up his nose. It was stinking and gross, but okay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree with m-avi... She can wait until tomorrow as long as she is not having trouble breathing. It is a waste of resources to go to the ER for something so minor.

When I was a kid I stuck pieces of paper up my nose. I had them up there for weeks before my mom smelled my horrible breath and took me to the doc where he found them. YUCK! But I was okay.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010