ugggh so annoying!

My 3 yr old likes to shove his feet between my legs when we're sitting together of if we nap together. Or he'll put his fingers in the crook of my elbow or right where my armpit starts. When he was little he'd put his little hand between my boobs or right inside the top of my bra (like between my strap and shoulder). I try to make him stop but like 5 minutes later he puts his hand or foot right back, its getting on my nerves soo bad right now.. Probably bothering me more than usual because I'm sick and just dont want to be picked at lol. Did or do any of your little ones do that? Whatd you do to make them stop?

joscelyne

Asked by joscelyne at 4:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• If you find out, let me know. My 11 year old will come sit on the sofa and shove his feet under my legs.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Lol well it wouldn't be so bad if he just shoved them under he like puts them under and between. If that makes since like if im sitting with my legs pulled up on the couch he'll shove them between my calves of the crook of my knee. Lol but I will definitely let you know if I figure it out =-)
    joscelyne

Comment by joscelyne (original poster) at 5:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• think its just a comfort thing my 4 year old will hold/pull/twirl my hair..always has since he was a tiny baby :) bugs me too sometimes I guess just keep moving him..
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 1:46 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• When my 3 year old starts to fall asleep he will shove his toes into my side.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:32 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• my little brother is 13 years younger than me and when he was about that old he always wanted to walk his fingers up my shirt or up my sleeve. we went to a baseball game and I was sitting behind him and this girl was sitting next to him and he forgot that it wasn't me and wasn't looking and did it to her. He got so embarrased he never did it again...lol
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 5:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• The best way of dealing with this is by showing your three-year-old how he CAN touch you. "Let's put our hands together instead." "Let me give you a big hug and then put your feet over there." In that way you are satisfying your son's need to touch and be close while at the same time teaching him a more acceptable way of interacting with you. If you are consistent you will see his annoying behavior change.      www.filedby.com/author/linda_griffin/1127154/

teacher-author

Answer by teacher-author at 9:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• They do it because they want to be funny or silly. My daughter (almost 4) does this same thing. Some days, I think it's funny, but other days, I really hate it.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:19 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Wow. I thought my kid was the only one.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 5:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• well my son CONSTANTLY wants a piggy back ride..all the time. Maybe thats different from what you are talking about but I try to distract him
    sunfireprincess

Answer by sunfireprincess at 9:38 PM on Oct. 19, 2010