How "wrong" would it be to do this...

My brother and his fiance ( who is now one of my very good friends) are getting married in Hawaii a few months before my fiance and I are getting married...( I am the maid of honor and my fiance is the best man). Besides us ( and my 2 kids), our parents, grandparents, my fiances parents, and some otherfamily memebrs ( ours and the brides) ... We are staying for 9 days... While they we are also using the photographer to take family photos ..so I figured this would be a great time to do our engagment pics... my future sis in law , says it is a good idea but another friend ( who is also going -bridesmaid) said it would be tacky to "use" their wedding for my gain....

Do you think that it is wrong to do ( I am paying for the pics )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Just for Fun

• The bride said it was a good idea, I dont think its tacky at all. Of course use a trip to Hawaii to your advantage and get lots and lots of beautiful pictures taken. Dont worry about it, I think its a great idea!
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 5:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think its a fantastic idea and the majority of the family would agree
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• As long as you do not eat into special time they need the photographer, go for it!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you're paying for your own pictures I don't understand how you're using her wedding for your gain. It just sounds like it would be more convenient for you, and probably for the photographer too. Not to mention Hawaii would be an amazing background for your pics!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Oh I seriously agree with everyone else, I don't think it's tacky at all and it sounds like an excellent idea to me!!
    BrynlysMommy

Answer by BrynlysMommy at 5:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Go for it and enjoy!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 5:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• This other bridesmaid is off base. It would be great. Just arrange the time so it doesn't interfere with the wedding and their picture taking.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 6:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If the bride says it's okay, then sure, go for it. It's not like you're wanting to do your engagement pics ON their wedding day. You'll be in a beautiful place, enjoying friends, family, each other. Why not capture the moment?
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 6:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• As long as you're paying for the time and pics for the photographer and don't usurp her wedding and/or paid for time for her pics, then it's two separate business deals and there's nothing wrong with that.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:18 PM on Oct. 18, 2010