How much do you worry about money?

It seems like I worry about it all the time. I take a calculator to the grocery store so I don't go over my budget. I wonder if I need to go places b/c I might waste gas. It is my number one worry.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• I work at making every penny count and it is a constant thing. It seems we're always treading water. I read and implement online advice and seek out unusual ways to make things stretch. My copy of the Tightwad Gazette is dog earred.....
    oddfox

Answer by oddfox at 7:12 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• It varies. We're either totally in denial or worry 24/7.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Now that we both have jobs we don't worry too much, but we moved to a new state and couldn't find work and that was our number one stressor! It was crazy how scared a person can get over money!! But that is no way to live. Get help from the government if you need it...watch it people...that's what it's there for. And start enjoying life. You have this one life to live to the fullest and worrying about money should be the last thing on your mind. Find things to do that are closer to you that you can walk to so you can save gas. Taking a calculator to the store is a smart thing to do! Look up the cheapest family in America. They have ways for you to save money at the grocery store and in life.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 5:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Not too much since we found Dave Ramsey. Our income hasn't increased, but just having a plan and knowing where your money is going... ahh that's a stress relief!

I think it's wise to take a calculator to the grocery store!!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:20 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't worry about it because I have always been poor but it will not always be this way.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• A lot right now because DH is laid off.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We don't really have any financial worries now, though we've been in rough positions in the past, before my husband completed college.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:24 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Lately I seem to be worrying about it all the time. Although we make decent money, there never seems to be enough for everything and with 3 teens heading off to college within the next 5 years, I'm sure it's only going to get worse.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i agree with hibbingmom
    xtatianax

Answer by xtatianax at 12:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I don't need to worry about money but it's still wise to know how much you're spending and to budget. I set limits on our spending and we have a budget. I don't take a calculator to the store but I keep a running tally in my head. Being wise with money, no matter how much you've got, is a good thing.
    queenbree545

Answer by queenbree545 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 18, 2010