help!!!!!

my son is 1 he has very bad diharea it came out of the blue he is very sore is there anything we can do to stop it or make it better

gklmommy

Asked by gklmommy at 5:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im not a DR so if you think its really bad, maybe you should call your DR but i would bet that its from teething. they get diarreah from teething. just give him a nice warm bath with soap in the water and let his butt air out a little bit and then put lots of desitin and A&D ointment on it.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If your gut says it's a bad case, I would take him to the Dr. If it's only happens once or twice, I usually take a wait and see approach if nothing else is wrong (especially if he still plays and acts normal rather than acting sick and lethargic). The color can be from something he ate, but a doc or nurse would know if there were other possible causes. Does your pediatrician have a triage nurse you can reach at any hour? I have found that VERY helpful and reassuring when you don't want to panic over little things but you don't want to wait too long to bring them in either. They can be very helpful in deciding whether a child should be seen asap, within 24 hours, or wait and see. Your biggest concern for diarrhea or vomiting will be dehydration. Even if they don't want to eat, they need to drink plenty of fluids. I usually have to remind my DS to drink enough if he is not feeling well. Definitely use lots of Desitin!!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010