When introducing food to my dd- what should i start with?

shes been eating rice cereal and oatmeal for a while- shes ready to move on....what to do? start by mixing fruit w/ cereal? greens? I HAVE NO CLUE!!!! shes my 1st!!

sweetescape88

Asked by sweetescape88 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• green 1st,then orange veggies,then fruit

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My dr told me to do vegetables baby food first so she wouldn't get used to the yummy fruit stuff. She didn't like the green baby food then, and she still doesn't care for the green vegetables now. Start with green and then go on. Also wait a few days before introducing a new food to check for allergies.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 5:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We skip cereal and we don't use store bought baby food, so I would suggest avocado and sweet potato.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I would start with veggies, maybe the green ones and move to the sweeter ones, the meats, then fruits. THe idea being that if they taste the sweeter food first then they will reject the non-sweet foods. But if you breast feed she has already tasted sweet, sour, spicy, and bitter so what ever suits your fancy. After she mastered eating the liquid version I then would started adding the mixed cereal to it to prep them for solids. Once you do that you can let her make a mess trying to get cooked veggies and crackers in her mouth and try feeding herself with a spoon. My dog loved this faze.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 5:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i did fruit first so that he would get a taste for it. pears apple sauce peaches bananas, he loved them all.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 5:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Vegetables. We didn't do cereal, ever.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 5:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Veggies.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We started with bananas that we actually mashed up on our breakfast plate. Never had any problem with her not liking veggis
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 11:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• It really doesn't matter what type of food your try first, whether it's veggies or fruits. Just make sure that you only try one new food every 3 days to make sure they don't have any allergic reactions. Good Luck!!!! Both of my girls love their veggies and their fruits.
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 10:55 AM on Oct. 19, 2010

• My son's dr. said to start him on fruit first...applesauce and bananas and then go to vegetables...orange first and then green.
    crice913

Answer by crice913 at 2:26 PM on Oct. 21, 2010