Just when you think your having a troubled marriage....

your husband asks you to go with him to buy a new mattress that costs $1000 he picks the one I liked even though he liked another one better and I was thinking that he was cheating should this change my thoughts? Not sure what to think now.

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 5:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• Being kind doesn't mean he's NOT cheating. I don't know why you think he is, so I can't opine as to what you should think.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 5:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I can't believe that you attach this to anything other than wanting a mattress. Maybe he wants it because he is guilty. Who knows but don't let it cloud your vision.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree, just because he's being "nice" doesn't mean he's not cheating. Does he usually do nice things for you? Do you think he's trying to do something nice to make up for what he's done, and hopes you'll never find out about?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Shouldn't change your mind.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 5:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Well, why exactly do you even think he is cheating? I mean usually when people say they think their spouse is cheating.. they have reasons behind the accusation. I think just because you both went out to buy a new mattress does not tell you he is not cheating. Maybe he knew that you both wanted/needed a new mattress - so you went together.. and he thought it would make you happy to get the one that you wanted.
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yea i agree with the pp i have no idea why him buying a new mattress should get rid of your thoughts of him cheating...maybe he thinks you know something so he is trying to "butter" you up...
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 5:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have no solid proof and maybe I just want to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do love him and I am so trying to save this marriage
    Darla47

Comment by Darla47 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My husband bought me a car I didn't even ask for, for the guilt he felt for cheating and was being nicer than usual buying me whatever I wanted and not wanted. Just be careful and don't allow yourself to be walked all over like a doormat like so many in this type of situation. Be careful!
    Anonymous

• Him buying you things that you wanted doesn't change anything. That could still mean he's cheating if he is, that could still mean he's lying, infact it could mean he's buying your affection to cover his guilt. Don't base your beliefs on purchases. Base your beliefs about what is actually going on, the facts of the matter, etc.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think the other answers say it all, just because he's being nice and buying what you prefer over his own choice doesn't mean he's not cheating. Don't let it fool you.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010