Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

who can we seek for help to move.

we are trying to get out on our own and dont have alot of money. who could we contact to get assistance to move. fight now we live with my dh mom and we pay alot to her. my dh grosses 2000 monthly and we have a son that is almost 7 months. we pay her 700. that is for food,rent, utilites. what can we do?

Answer Question

Asked by MommyTessier at 11:03 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Relationships

Level 5 (90 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • call the department of human services. they can tell you who to contact.

    Answer by Lyndall at 11:28 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • can you ask your mother in law to cut you a break? if you show her a breakdown of what you need and what you have and a timeframe, she might work with you... she probably wants y'all out on your own too... not that she doesn't want to help or love you, but... I have moved myself many times with just me and the help of one or two people. that's about $100, plus whatever deposit you need for housing and utilities. i'm not sure what all expenses you have, but it sounds like you should be able to make it work with a little planning and budgeting.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • My Dh makes less than 2000 every month and we are still able to live on our own with no assistance and take care of our two year old a prepare for our new baby. I dont see what the problem is. We have even been able to buy our own house. With out a loan so we have no monthly payment on our house or car. And we paid for then our selfs with out loans or help from the in laws. Why cant you afford to live on your own?

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • Anonymous, don't be so judgmental. I applaud you being able to be so successful on only 2000/mo. However, everyone's situation is very different and it depends on where you live. Where I live trying to live on 2000/mo is near IMPOSSIBLE. And you don't know what kind of debts they may have.

    For MommyTessier, see if you can get your MIL to cut you a break and explain to her that you need to have the ability to gather some money to get out on your own. I think it's a little steep what she is charging you guys for a roommate situation. You can also look into section 8. You may qualify for a decent place that requires little for rent.

    Answer by hopelessnance at 1:17 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • We pay on our cars. but the reason why we moved in here was at our old house had mold in our house. our baby had just been born. and he was early. I do a budget. We have lived on our own and done well. I know how to budget. I am trying to my best in providing for our child and getting back on our feet. I was asking kindly. I was not being rude and I wish that you would not be rude.

    Answer by MommyTessier at 1:24 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

  • My mil doen't want us to leave but we dont feel right here. She needs us to stay to afford daily living. We cant live here because of her son that is 18. He smokes and does not care for any one but him self. There are reasons why we need assistance form some one. Sorry for sp.

    Answer by MommyTessier at 1:55 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.