will you be paying for college for your kids? completely? half? less than half? anything at all?

My DD's will be using her bio father's GI Bill to attend college, should she decide to go. We decided that if the GI Bill does not cover every thing, then we will not pay for the rest. We feel that she will need to learn some responsibility in her education.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 6:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, we will pay for college for our children, in full.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 6:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I want my children to bear the responsibility themselves. I will help with some things, but the majority will be on their shoulders. I had a college education paid for and handed to me and I blew it by not taking it seriously and realizing what it meant to my mom to be able to do that for me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 6:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes
    1LovelyAngel

Answer by 1LovelyAngel at 6:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yep
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Ginger - yea my mom did that BS to me. It will be TONS of fun for them to work 40-60 hrs per week to PAY for school ON TOP of 20hrs per week of classes (which usually means about 40+ hrs of studying as well!!!) WTG mom!!!
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 6:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I will do and give him everything he needs to make a better life for himself.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 6:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I wish we could have helped. DD had to pay for her own dental braces she needed. Work and go to college full time. Then she got into a accident, broke her back and pay for that set back and recovery too. She did do it all. She missed very little. She did graduate with high honors. She is in touch with her college professors and is highly liked and respected. She's an Artist. She unfortunately lost her last two jobs. Both closed due to this poor economy. She worked so hard at. She is paying off her school loans and all. It may have all been the hard way. But she's an exceptional person. She's a Wonderful DD. And took care of me my entire Fight for my Triple neagtive breast cancer. I know one day as strong as she is, as hard as she fights she will be famous. I have some journal posts about her. Its all personal to how your situation is. She had a close family member that got it all paid for & didn't finish or care at all.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 6:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We can't afford it. if he goes he'll need to apply for grants or financial aid. He can stay at home for free if he's working as well.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I did it. It really wasn't a big deal. I actually appreciate that my parents made me pay for it. BTW, my dad made more in one month than my college tuition was in a year. So it wasn't a matter of them not being able to afford it.
    I would want my child to contribute to college, but I would help as well.
    I wouldn't want him to turn out like my roomates who partied too much, studied too little and didn't give a flying frog because they weren't working or paying for it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I paid for mine own and I will make my DS pay for his too. I think if you have to pay for it you apperciate school and work harder at too. There is plenty of ways to get money for college instead of having your parents pay for it.l
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010