( VERY WORRY ) my 5 days old baby girl not doing #2?

my 5 days old baby girl didnt did number #2 at all yesterday and today is 6:00pm and nothing yet should i be worry what should I do?

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 6:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How are you feeding her? Is she peeing?
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 6:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I feed her every 3 hours ... 2 oz of formula....
    am breastfeeding too..
    One of formula and then breastmilk... like 15 minutes in one side of the breast!
    MommyOfJayden23

Comment by MommyOfJayden23 (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well babies being fed formula should poop fairly regularly, unless the formula is constipating them. Which is a possibility here.

How long ago did she stop with the meconium?

I would put her on just BM until you can get her to poop (it's naturally going to help clean her out) Then reintro the formula if you want, but be prepared it may constipate her again.

If she still doesn't poop within another day, I would consult a physician.
    wendy46121

Answer by wendy46121 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• THANK YOU SO MUCH I'LL DO THAT!
    MommyOfJayden23

Comment by MommyOfJayden23 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I agree with wendy - try and keep to breastmilk for as long as you can, and reintroduce the formula at a later date when her system is stronger. Make sure your baby is getting the back or hind milk and not just the watery front milk. If babe only feeds for a short period of time, when you put her back on, put her on the same breast so that it is drained completely and babe gets the rich cream - the watery milk is the front milk. And also be sure to drink lots of water yourself, and try to eat fiber rich foods - pears, oatmeal, whole grain breads, etc. Good luck!
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 9:05 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I used to massage my daughters belly and it made her feel better, Also, this sounds really gross, but our pediatrician told us that sometimes they just need a little stimulation. You know how they have those glycerin supposetories? You could use one of those and not even put it all the way in, but just use it to stimulate her into pooping. I don't know why, but it works. Good luck!!!!!
    Patesmom

Answer by Patesmom at 10:53 AM on Oct. 19, 2010