Do you go out to Dinner on your Wedding Anniversary?

If you go out to eat on your Wedding Anniversary. Congratulations to you! If so, who pays? Would you go if it were you eat and pay for your own meal? If you were the server and heard this. Separate checks for the Anniversary couple. Servers hear and see it all. What would you think?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 6:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm a SAHM so he technically pays.
    What's the point of paying for your own meal? You're not on a date,you're married!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We do. We pay...all money made at both of our jobs is considered ours. I would think it was weird. ;)
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 6:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• OMFG separate checks? I'd be so humiliated I'd leave.

My husband pays for date nights, even though occasionally I make more than him. On date nights he also opens doors and stuff. Love love
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sometimes and my dh pays.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, that is usually all we do on our anniversary. I am a SAHM so technically he pays but I am the one of with the checkbook lol :)
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• all our money is put together, so... separate checks would be pointless and i hardly see the point of going out to dinner to celebrate your togetherness if you are going to get separate checks.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• This year we rented a room at Red Rock Resort. We stayed on the 17th floor, overlooking the whole Las Vegas valley. All of our money is together, so it doesn't matter how we paid for it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We were married on 7-7-07 thinking he could remember this simple date. HA!!! Completely forgot and then blamed me for not writing it on the calendar. Uh, so, no, we didn't go out on our anniversary (and he continues to "pay"). But when we do go out, just depends on who has the most cash.
    marshalynn67

Answer by marshalynn67 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, we go out. We pay with our joint debit card. If I had to go dutch on my anniversary I would rethink the selfish ass that I was married to.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:27 PM on Oct. 18, 2010