Crying from painful cramps normal?

Last night i woke up crying my eyes out, fell off my bed holding my stomach in such pain. I'm only 15 weeks pregnant and I didn't think I'd be in such pain. I'd tell my OBGYN today when I see her, but she's not going to give any advice. I would like to know if it IS normal to have these painful cramps that keep me up all night. (I didn't feel like on my left or right, but rather in the middle of my tummy)

Also, any advice to prevent the cramps?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I started having painful cramps around that time too but Im just a sissy to pain so anything makes me cry thats painful. But to help sooth my pain and cramping I would do yog classes to ease myself and then have a heating pad and put in on my stomach and turn it to low and mine really stopped alittle after that.
    HollyRose

Answer by HollyRose at 11:17 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• oh! sounds like a good idea! i go to physical therapy for my back and at the end i get a heating pad for my back...that doesnt help the pain i get :-\
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Depends what kind of cramps you were having. If there was no bleeding with them, then it's normal. The ligament pain (best way to describe it) is like having a charlie horse in your stomach. With my first pregnancy it would happen when I moved. If I bent down to pick up something or moved during the night it would hurt so bad. The best thing you can do is just stop moving and take some slow deep breaths. With this pregnancy I seem to get them when I stand up and just have to get up slower each time. Good luck, but if you have severe cramps with bleeding or discharge go to the hospital. But the charlie horse feeling is normal.
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 11:43 AM on Oct. 28, 2008