what is your banking situation?

My husband and I have 1 checking acct. linked w/ 1 savings acct at 1 bank only and we're joint on it.

It feels sometimes like we're the only ones without separate money/accounts

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Money & Work

• My husband and I have a joint account to pay the household expenses and monthly bills. We have separate accounts for our own savings and for free spending as we wish.
    queenbree545

Answer by queenbree545 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• We have one checking and one savings with both of us on it. We started our married life with separate accounts but it became clear pretty quickly that it was going to be a big pain in the butt for me since I'm the one paying bills and reconciling accounts.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 6:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• we have everything shared, except for our RRSPs cause those are done through our workplaces. we've always had shared accounts, we both make money and we both spend it. what's mine is his and what 's his is mine.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 6:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I was married for 20 years and we had joint checking and savings accounts with no problems. If I get remarried, I would consider having seperate accounts...to start with anyway.
    Tydemidi

Answer by Tydemidi at 7:02 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We have a joint checking and savings. The only thing I keep seperate is my paypal account money
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• All of our accounts are joint.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• All of our accounts are joint accounts.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:13 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have my own checking , he has his own checking, we have a joint savings and checking.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 10:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• all of our accounts are together.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• A joint checking and a joint savings.

Then I have my own savings account. We used to both have our own savings account and my son had one too. We decided to close ours but mine had a $5 (seriously $5) Roth attached to it. So we closed my son's and my husbands and now mine (minus the roth) is our son's it's just in my name. If that makes any sense. I'd add my husband to the account, but you can't add someone to a Roth.

So I'm holding our son's money in my name.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 1:17 AM on Oct. 18, 2010