Anyone else struggle with finding the medium between either feeling guilty for overeating or feeling deprived for trying to hold back?

I'm 5'4" and 135 pounds (my healthy weight is 130). Just five pounds left of post-pregnancy weight after having my son a year ago, but it's all distributed differently and my clothes don't fit. Looking back over my life, I've always been either feeling guilty for how I'm eating, or wanting more but not letting myself have it (far more often feeling guilty!). I DON'T want to live that way! I want to enjoy eating. I know how to eat healthy, but it's just not fun! Anyone going through this or have any thoughts about it?

Adelicious

Asked by Adelicious at 6:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• I know exactly what you mean. It's hard to find the balance between those two. The best way is to practise, what I call, the art of letting go. Relax your body and mind and remember, there are worse things to get uptight about. It's easier said than done, but it sure helps.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:02 AM on Oct. 18, 2010