Fun things to do on a cold/rainy day with ur toddler

Any suggestions? I do have some arts and craft supplies but not a ton.

anxious1stimer

Asked by anxious1stimer at 6:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Rainy days were the days I saved play-doh, fingerpainting and sticker art for.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• oh goodness, we had this week of massive rain where it wasn't really safe to go out ... so I know what you're thinking! Play-doh is great, make a 'tent' in a room with blankets/sheets, markers/crayons, let your little one help you cook by helping to mix ingredients -- or if you don't want to do that, take out pans and spoons and pretend. Playdates are always great!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 7:08 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I used to let our kids play in the kitchen sink with me nearby. When they were old enough they could stand on a kitchen chair and I would put a smock on them, fill the sink with water 1/2 way, and give them plastic cups, measuring cups, funnels, etc. It is a one at a time activity though. Or you could put basins of water on the kitchen floor and do the same but it would be more messy, for sure. Just one idea........
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We just did this today! I layered on the clothes and sent my son outside with an umbrella! It was mostly just sprinkling and there were no thunder or lightning. He took a cup with him so he could drink the rain!
    1andcounting

Answer by 1andcounting at 12:37 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• when i was little like that i loved to sit near a window and color or draw when it rained.
    BigfordBrat

Answer by BigfordBrat at 12:58 PM on Oct. 18, 2010