I need all parents thoughts on this website???

what u think? what impression u get from it? also whats missing???
www.myhotelmysitter.com

myhotelsitter

Asked by myhotelsitter at 6:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• i dont agree w/ findin a sitter online....
    shaysmommy5810

Answer by shaysmommy5810 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I didn't see where you posted your proof of insurance...and I believe to run this kind of business this would be a state regulated insurance policy. I don't think in this day and age many people are willing to leave their children with strangers, they either take vacations knowing they will include their kids, or go alone. A cruise ship is a different story. Plus, I think the fonts and graphics used are very "high school" meaning not very elegant and professional looking.
    Anonymous

• i would possibly put a list of references or have somepeople write up some letters for you to post on there as their thoughts on your babysitting services.
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 6:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I do agree with the graphics...or template, it is way too unprofessional. You can ind free website templates showing kids playing or something a little more playful like painted kids handprints for the bullets instead of hearts. Your rates page is very confusing. You list all these ruls about rates and cancellations but the most important info, the ACTUAL rates you say to call for rates. Don't be mysterious, it'll annoy people, just post the rates.

Now for something like this to truely work you are going to have to wear professional clothing and go to hotels, motels, B&B's, and work on a business relationship where they can give guests with kids your brochure.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I personally wouldn't use an online babysitting service.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 7:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I found a few typos and I would never leave my kids with a sitter they didn't know
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• No EFFN way!
    Cara5

Answer by Cara5 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I must agree about the rates...just state what the rates are....if I was desperate, and willing to use an online babysitting service, I would be really annoyed that you couldn't be upfront about your actual fees. I also think that it is a little snippy/picky about the "statutory holiday" time and a helf business...it made me not want to know more about you....just keep all those "rules" for later, and tell folks abpout your great and reasonable fees. Once they call you you can discuss all of your rules (which I don't think are a good idea.)

I am not trying to be negative, and I applaud you on your efforts to start a business. But you asked, so I am trying to be helpful and constructive. Please change that prevalent message "find sitter for Saturday night" to "find a sitter for Saturday night." Better English leads to a better impression. Please correct all typos on your site. I hope that helps and wish you blessings.
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 9:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Nope. Don't like it, wouldn't use it. Looks unprofessional. Just...no.
    Anonymous