Do your kids grandmother (on their fathers' side) keep your kids?

I ask this question because my mother in law hardly ever asks about her grand kids unless I call to let them speak with her. Also when they ask to stay the night with her or spend the day with her its always lets wait until another time. My oldest is 10 and during her life time she has only been allow to stay over my mom in laws house 6 times.

kina803

Asked by kina803 at 6:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• My MIL loves for the kids to go over and stay the night!
    ajc88

Answer by ajc88 at 6:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• HECK NO!!! but she would NEVER ask!! she hates me. i havent talked to her since i was pregnant, and that was 7 years ago..she hasnt seen alexis in over a year (and thats cuz dd's dad stoped being invovled with his child) so no!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My MIL loves the kids. But they have never stayed the night. Or at my parents house. We visit as a family and then leave.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My mil has kept my "step"daughters(11) a lot but has only kept my son (3) maybe 3 times. My girls were the first grandkids & my husband was raising him basically on his own until me so grandma had them a lot & spolied them but now that they have a stable mom(me) theyve stay maybe once every few months. Which i dont mind because i love her but she over does it with the spoiling. Now on the other hand my kids see my mom no more then every 2 weeks & stay usually once a month. She calls and asks to keep them or take them shopping or to a movieor to the park ect frequently
    My_o_me_x_3

Answer by My_o_me_x_3 at 6:55 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I know how u feel, I have been married to my husband for almost two years but have been together for four. He has a 8 yr old daughter from a previous marriage. To my mother in law my babies boys {ages 1 and 3} do not exist unless we bring them over. We used to live in the same town up to about six months ago. They only time she would call the house is when her "nina" was there wich means littlw girl. She would call 4 to 5 times a day to make sure she ate and she wasn't bored. When my babies were sick she never bother to call to c how they were. When my youngest son was born, she saw him twice in a six month period. And u know what the worse thing is SHE OWNS A DAYCARE! she is always surrounded by kids and i have seen her be more affectionate to other kids then her own grandchildren, but oh well..
    mrspsanchez

Answer by mrspsanchez at 6:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I love my MIL so i let her keep the kids when they go to Jersey...i rather my kids be with her then there dad...He only has eyes for his wife ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 7:00 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I was just asking this question because my mom would keep my kids in a heart beat but DH mom will not do it
    kina803

Comment by kina803 (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• My mil is the only grandmother my kids have.  My mom died in 2000.  She's actually mad at us beacuse she hasn't been able to see the kids very much and then we picked up and moved across the country pretty much eliminating physical contact with her.  Not that we intended that.  We moved for my husband's job (she seems to think we should have considered her and discussed it with her first).  When the kids were little we used to go visit her every few months and she always took them for the day with the help of my sil.  If we lived closer she probably would have had them every weekend if they had wanted.  She always had my sil's boys over on weekends.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• my MIL goes months at a time without seeing my son. she doesnt even call us to see how were doing. his whole family basically acts like they dont care unless its a holiday and even then they just buy a present, big deal. it bothers me because if this is how they act now, im sures its how they will act in the future and i feel bad for my son because i didnt have that. i had a great set of grandparents on both sides and they are/were so important to me. but at the same time, i wouldnt want him going to her house unless she straightened her act up. shes a huge pothead and is always stoned and acting wierd, and smokes ciggerates and stinks like an ash tray so i guess thats why she doesnt care.
    my mom on the other hand is great, shes so good to us, does everything for us and LOVES my son. she cant stand to go a day without seeing him. thank god for her.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 7:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• When mine was little she hardly ever kept any of the grand kids, in fact, my sister-in-law and I have a name for them. We call them the fake grandparents because they are officially grandparents, but they don't do the traditional things with any of them.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 7:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010