I need some words of comfort...

Maybe I'm just overly emotional due to pregnancy hormones, but it seems to me that a husband should be home for dinner if he's able. My husband is out setting up traps for trapping season(which started today) and I understand he's out trying to start making money that will help us a lot....but does he have to be gone from 6am until 9pm? Our son hasn't seen his father all week, because he works night shifts and sleeps days. They see eachother at dinner time..so when dinner time comes around, that's when our son starts looking for daddy. I have to tell him tonight that daddy's not here. I don't feel like I should cook a meal that's just going to be cold when he's finally here to eat it...and I don't want to wait until 9pm to eat.. I'm frustrated..what would you do? How would you feel?

BisketLiss

Asked by BisketLiss at 6:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• i would not stress myself out with cooking and i would let daddy talk to the child and explain anything that needs to be explained. try to help your son look at it as special time with mommy - maybe get a pizza and a kid's movie and make a relaxing night of it. i don't know anything about what he is doing so have no opinion on whether or not it is reasonable for him to be gone so long. i totally feel ya on the whole pregnancy hormones thing, though. i'm not feeling well the last couple days and everything is making me cry. this is hardly the first time in this pregnancy. (hugs)
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Figaro is right on. His dinner can be warmed in the microwave or whatever. If you were in labor, I would be upset. But he is the hunter and is providing for his family. I really hope he has a passion for what he is doing because the hours are long. You get to spend the time with your little one I am sure you have a passion for being able to do that.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am so sorry you feel emotional about this, but you have every right, ask daddy if he can cut down on the hours for your kids sake.

Answer by older at 7:10 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• hang in there. the hormones can make things seem bigger. i have been there too and flipped out but look back and say ah it wasn't as big as i made it out to be.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 7:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I think we all feel lonely at some time in our lives especially when we have someone to love and they aren't there. It will be alright. Just enjoy your time with your kids. Relax. And hug him close when he returns.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Your feelings are normal. It's so hard when the kids are young sometimes. Try not to stress too much. You're time will come soon enough. In the meantime, take a nice, warm bubble bath and light some candles after the kids go to sleep to unwind and tell you husband that you love him and want him around more.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 10:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i know how you feel with the pregnancy hormones.. i want to cry ALOT lately.. sometimes i break down and let myself.. but i am too dang stubborn to do it most of the time.. i just get angry and stay angry bc i dont like to cry and when he makes me want to .. i get angry at him.. i hope and pray that i can stop being so emotional soon! but i agree just make it a mommy and son night.. get a movie and relax!! he will enjoy it .. and let daddy explain. when he asks where he is.. tell him hes working.. but you and mommy get to have pizza and a movie tonight.. fun right?? then when daddy gets home.. let daddy worry about him not caring if he was at dinner or not bc him and mommy had an awesome night!
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• As long as my husband is out late working I don't take it out on him. Just make him a dinner plate that he can warm up. When you see him tell him how much you miss him and ask him to make a date with you. You'll feel better after you get the attention you need.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:25 PM on Oct. 18, 2010