Have you ever wanted to "run away from home?"

As an adult (not when you were a child), did you ever feel like you just want to pack up and take off all on your own? Lately, I've been feeling that everything is so overwhelming, I'd love to just run away from it all.

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 7:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• every once in awhile it's a passing thought when the kids are flipping out. tho i would never do it.
    anxious1stimer

Answer by anxious1stimer at 7:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• PLENTY OF TIMES. it will change...

when i get overwhelmed i find that putting things on paper - whether it be journaling or putting all the to-do's on a list to get them out of my head or using a little chart my friend showed me to work out a problem - helps me to get things in perspective and clear some mental space.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:18 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yep... Which was why I loved working... But now that I'm home full time again, I would kill for some time out and away...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:21 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Every single day...

sigh...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Who hasnt?! If I left tho, who would cook, clean, do laundry, shop, do the bills, etc? It'd all just be waiting for you when you got back anyways. So instead, run to a bff's for a while. BFF time is good for the soul! It's been scientifically proven :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I did in my first marriage (this one is my second) but the only difference is, I went through with it. Well, I wouldn't say I ran away, but I was so unhappy that I was the one that told him I wanted the divorce and left him.
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I did once .... 2 summers ago. 3 1/2 days. It led to more problems than it was pleasure and I had enormous guilt and always probably will.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 9:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yes, I have. Its happened at times I wasn't getting along with my husband. I've never wanted to leave my kids.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i do alot recently... my hubby and i argue alot lately and i cant take it. i love him.. and he loves me but we cant see eye to eye on things.. mainly bc the only things we argue about is how much i cant stand to see his parents every single day... i love his parents too but they are soooo freaking annoying and its worse when i have to see them every day.. he doesnt understand it so we dont get along to well at the moment
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes!
    KKline

Answer by KKline at 12:09 AM on Oct. 18, 2010