What's the last truly romantic thing your SO did for you?

ceallaigh

Asked by ceallaigh at 7:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Relationships

• At this very moment, he is sitting in his recliner with our 7 1/2 week old grandson asleep on his shoulder. We've been helping take care of him and his 2-year old brother, and I was really behind on my ironing, which I had skipped a church event to do. When my daughter and son-in-law passed our house on the way to the same event and saw that we were home, she called to see if we would keep the baby. I, of course, said yes, and they turned around to bring him to us. I told my hubby they were on their way, and he immediately stopped what he was doing, went out to meet them, and has taken care of the baby while I finished up my ironing. That's very romantic, and after 46 years, it is still very, very special to have a husband who will do those sorts of things just because he loves me.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He brought me flowers last night and offered to make me chicken soup because I'm sick. He stayed over and wanted to take me to the ER because I was so dizzy (think it was an inner ear thing). It was really nice of him to be around me when I was sick.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• The other day, our toddler was fighting off a virus and having a fussy day and wanting me since she didn't feel well. After settling her down for the 3rd or 4th time, I came back to the couch and plopped down next to my S/O. He looked at me for a minute, and I asked him what was up. He said, "You're so patient with her. You're such a great mom, and I wish I could be that good with her. I'm a lucky man." And then he kissed me and put the tv on something I'd been wanting to watch. Simply, but so very sweet and good to hear.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• well right now he's cooking us dinner since i don't feel well. he's always romantic. he always opens doors and does lots of sweet little things to let me know how loved i am. he can be pretty terrific.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 7:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Figaro and Nanny, that's exactly how mine is. He's not "romantic" in the sense where he does the flowers, cards or mushy stuff, but he does things for me all the time. He had two vacation days from work this week and cleaned the house and did all of the laundry so I wouldn't have to spend my weekend doing it all. He usually only gets Sundays off from work, so he works on Saturday and I try to get most of the cleaning done so we can chill out together on Sunday. When he gets home from work before me, dinner is always on the table or at least on the stove. He'll call me to see what time I'm going to be home so he can time it to where it's ready when I get home. And he sleeps with headphones at night because he has to have the TV noise to fall asleep and he knows that I have to have it as quiet as possible, so he gives up his comfort so I can sleep :-)
    KimPippin

Answer by KimPippin at 7:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Yesterday was sweetest day we went out to dinner at the last second. He got home late but still wanted to do something with me even though he was tired and needed to be up early today for work. He is always losing sleep so we have time together. Even after being together for almost 10 years he acts like its still in the early stages of dating. I get text from him through out his day to say I love you or I miss you. It always seems that its the liottle things that I love. I hate flowers and cards on valentines or anniversary. I would rather get them for no reason at all.
    I love everyones repsonse so far. NannyB It is nice that after 46 years people can still love each other very much. I look forward to that with my husband.
    momofangels5

Answer by momofangels5 at 7:50 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• KimP we're lucky :-) I feel bad now for not mentioning that last week while I was at my baby shower DH cleaned all the places I hadn't quite gotten to in nesting as a gift to me. And brought the rocking chair in the nursery and put a cushion on it, etc. Yea for thoughtful husbands!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• ugh! i want to cry. these are such sweet men!!! my husband would tell you he does alot for me.... but he is lying.. big time. we havent been exactly on the same page since his parents became an issue.. now we barely get along :( i want my sweet man back.. boo hoo
    Ross2010

Answer by Ross2010 at 10:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Wow, I'm jealous, men like that are so rare, mine used to be like that, but since our daughter was born he's been in a rather childish mood. He'll still do something small every now and again, but he'll usually complain about it later. Although I remember the last really romantic thing he did, we had gone to a Marine Banquet (his best friend, our DD's godfather, is a marine), just before we were legally married, and someone had listed my name as his last name, and he saved the card after telling me "I love seeing your name like that" then kissed me and we went out to have a night to ourselves (this was also the first night we spent without our DD, lol)
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 11:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• He wrote me a love letter that he left under his pillow so I would find it when I was making the bed. He is on a field op right now, so that was so super sweet to see!
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:08 AM on Oct. 18, 2010