baby kittens...how much is for a vet? I love these kittens n the momma...

There is a cat of where I live that likes to run in my house everytime I open the door...it looks like a stray cat and its friendly but then its been 3 days that I havent seen it and I asked my neighbor if she has seen it and she said yes that its in her restroom because her dog attacked it and almost killed it....I asked her if I can see the cat and she said yes so I looked at the cat and I was shocked cuz the cat couldnt walk well...she got bitten in the stomach and the next day I went to go check my mailbox and heard a cat meow and I have a couch that I dont use outside my porch and I looked down and there was the cat underneath with 3 baby kittens...that cat was pregnant and was attacked...so I grabbed the mama cat and the 3 kittens n took her inside my home and put her in a box with an old blanket and feed her...that day a storm was coming and it was gonna rain alot so that is why I put her in my home...

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 7:16 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pets

• If you surrender her to the pound,all they usually ask for is a small donation. At the vet they will probably have to be separated from momma and fed by bottle. Our vet charges a fee of $29 per day to hold them. If momma kitty needs alot of help,it could run into hundreds of dollars.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you can afford it, take them to a vet. It will probably be at least a couple hundred dollars. If you cannot afford it, I would take them to the SPCA and they will take care of them. It is likely that the kittens can be adopted. You are going to have to do something with some of them anyway . Four is just too many in one location unless you have a farm.
    Good luck.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• That is the problem I dont want to surrender her to the pound...the mama cat is healthy now n walks everywhere....I have a 2 yr old son that plays with the cat n everytime I put the cat with the kittens my son's cry cuz he never had an animal close to him...I just want to know what do I need to keep them....nobody from my neighbor hood has claimed her so that is why I want to keep her and her baby kttens...
    Espinosa

Comment by Espinosa (original poster) at 7:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If she's well she'll care for her babies. All you need is a litterbox and food and water dishes. At 6-10 weeks they'll start eating food along with momma and then you can show them how to use the litterbox.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• oh ok...when I take them to the vet can they check for diseases to see if the cat haves any worms....?
    Espinosa

Comment by Espinosa (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• If you dont want to pay for a vet bill get a box of de-wormer and you can take care of it yourself. Either way, this way she'll be cleaned out and you both will have peace of mind! I'm glad you want to keep them. I think they are where they are suppose to be anyway!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 6:18 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• Thank you everyone for your comments...=)
    Espinosa

Comment by Espinosa (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I would get them all to a vet to make sure they're healthy. Call around. SOme vets will give discounts if you;re bringing in strays or adopting from a shelter. Always worth asking.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 6:24 PM on Oct. 21, 2010

• It's great that you have taken them in. But, if you can't afford to take them to the vet, then you certainly should not keep them all. Maybe just keep mamma and find homes for the kittens ? Mamma will still need to be spayed - it's much heathier for her in the long term too.
    JustMyOpinion22

Answer by JustMyOpinion22 at 1:11 AM on Oct. 22, 2010