need help

my oldest boy is 6 yr and his dad's mom comes and gets him everyother weekend and when she dose when he comes home he thanks he can do anything and say mean things to my youngest that he likes but i cant stop him form seeing her so what can i do to stop all of it and today he came home with a knife that she gave him and he is only 6 i just dont thank he is ready for that

momoftwo125

Asked by momoftwo125 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in General Parenting

• Do you have custody? Does she have court ordered visitation? If she does, you can ask for it to be changed,
    The knife is the thing that might do it for the judge. How your son treats his sibling probably will not make any a big impact.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Back up, have you talked to her? She might be reasonable.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:40 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• OK, I was thinking spoil them & send them home, that's a grandparents job. But I agree w/ you, I would draw the line at weapons. Tell him you will put it away for him until he is a little older. Most kids do go thru a behavior adjustment when going from one type of discipline to the next. Once he comes back to his senses and realizes he's back home under your rules, I bet he settles down after a day or 2. Other than that little downfall, enjoy the break & the fact that he gets to spend precious time w/ loving grandparents. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:41 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• yes i have custodyand yes i have talk to her she dose not care she dose not like me and yes she has court ordered visition
    momoftwo125

Comment by momoftwo125 (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Sounds like you may be scared of her, take charge & toughen up, Mama!
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 8:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• the knife might be reason for the court to adjust the visitation. What type of knife was it?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:05 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• What does his dad say about this?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:07 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Am I loosing it or is this question here two times?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:09 PM on Oct. 17, 2010