Angel Food Ministries and their Holiday Baskets

Have you ever gotten one?How was it?
Have you used Angel Food regular menu and do you think it's worth it? I'm actually not sure but I haven't gotten one yet, they are just now close enough to make it economically possible.
Thanks.....Julie

mom2priceboys

Asked by mom2priceboys at 7:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Its a great program, we have used them before many times.
    Cara5

Answer by Cara5 at 7:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We tried the angel food regular menu two months ago. I still have frozen veggies in my freezer because we just don't eat them. We did use the meat, but the chicken chunks were not "fully cooked", a lot of them were completely raw, the pork chops had a funny flavor and the steaks had a strange strong flavor and were tenderized to the point of almost mush. It was pretty gross. It was cheap, but the quality was not there at all. We opted not to order again. Honestly, the steak was the last meat we cooked and had it been the first I might have just thrown it all away. They were really, really bad.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 7:52 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• We've been using angel food for a few months and only once have I had a problem with it (some chicken sausage, I didn't like it but the rest of my family did, LOL). I think the signature box is the best value for the money and have never had a problem with the quality of the food (we haven't eaten this well in years, no way could I afford strip steaks and rib eyes before angel food, I was having trouble scrapping up money for ground beef... steaks were out of the question). We haven't tried the holiday boxes though. I saw them offered but only had enough for my standard 3 signature boxes a month. But between myself, my mom and my MIL, we can come up with a Thanksgiving feast without having to purchase the box.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 7:58 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• it just all seems so EW.... even when we're flat ass broke I know I can do better
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have used their regular baskets and have had no problems. For my son and I, one box lasted about 2 months...so I went every other month. I have not tried their holiday baskets, but from people that have they liked them. They even have premade meals for seniors and people with allergies. HUGE fresh fruit and veggie baskets too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:06 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I use Angel Food every month, I don't know how we would get buy with out it right now. I get 2 of the bountiful blessings boxes and it lasts us about a month, I still go the the store every week, and spend $20 on snacks and fresh fruit. I have had no trouble with the quality, I couldn't afford steaks and the like with out it.

I tried the Thanksgiving basket a couple of years ago, and it all turned out good. It was the first time I cooked a whole chicken and I took pictures I was so proud (lOL)
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I have never heard of it.... What exactly is it? Send me a message please so I can know.
    lilma0608

Answer by lilma0608 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 18, 2010