how do you know if you have a slow leak of amniotic fluid? adult content

i thinjk that i have a slow leak of amnio fluid because i have to change my p anties at least 2 times a day and so i got smart and started using panty liners. is this a sign that you have a slow leak? i see the doc on tuesday and will let you know whats going on.

laydeemama

Asked by laydeemama at 8:11 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can been seen immediately and find out very quickly for sure with a ph test strip. Amniotic fluid is clear and has no odor.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 8:12 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• They say that if you are leaking amniotic fluid, you will experience a gush when you go from sitting to standing. I have to change my underwear at least 3 times a day, due to high amounts of cervical discharge, which is completely normal during pregnancy. Amniotic fluid should be clear, odorless, watery, and NOT sticky.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 8:17 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• How far along are you? I would call L&D and ask to speak with a nurse. It could just be a bladder leak but I would call to be on the safe side.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:38 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• Definitely get checked out. I have had a high risk pregnancy due to low amniotic fluid, which can be very dangerous for the baby. (I didn't have a leak, a faulty placenta, but it still results in low fluid.) Drink more fluid to help increase your amniotic fluid. THIS WORKS! I went from a fluid level of 1.8 (very dangerous) to a normal ranged 9.
    Anna-Chubaby

Answer by Anna-Chubaby at 10:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• you could be leaking but it also could be pee remember the baby is on your bladder and it can cause you to leak pee,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    mamamtobe

Answer by mamamtobe at 11:15 PM on Oct. 17, 2010