I AM 32 WEEKS AND 2 DAYS PREGNANT.

IS IT NORMAL FOR YOUR NIPPLES /AREOLA TO HAVE A BROWN RING AROUND THE EDGE AND THE NORMAL REDDISH PINK NIPPLE COLOR?
MY NIPPLES ARE KINDA DRY TO. I THINK THERE IS SOME PRE-LEAKAGE .
IS THIS NORMAL?

mgurl

Asked by mgurl at 11:30 AM on Oct. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Yep...perfectly normal. Mine started getting brownish around that time. Now that I'm 38 weeks I'm praying they don't stay that way after the baby's born!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• That is normal, that happened to me too.. except my nipples started to leak when i was only 25 weeks prego..
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• I started leaking my first pregnancy at about 20 weeks, this time almost 10 weeks. This time is much worse, and as for the color. Sorry ladies, but chances are they will stay dark. I couldn't believe how big my boobs got. I went from a very large C cup to do DDD in my first pregnancy. I went down to a large D cup, now I'm just sticking to sports bras because I am one of the unfortunate ones that my boobs just continue to grow through the whole pregnancy. It gets really expensive buying new bras. Wait til your milk comes in after you have the baby. To me it looked like I had implants!!! They were so hard and a warm/hot shower will be your best friend!
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 11:52 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• omg, after my son was born, the 4th day i woke up and my boobs looked un real, like the ones one the Plastic Surgery:Before and After lol. But the darkening if you breastfeed will get darker, but when you stop it will gradually get lighter.
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 28, 2008

• im 33 weeks and my areolas started turning brown around 20 weeks and have a little leakage and are dry. i think its normal im just hoping it goes away after the baby comes!
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:50 PM on Oct. 28, 2008