have you taken an anti depressant? What worked good for you?

lilma0608

Asked by lilma0608 at 8:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2010 in Health

• I have been on anti-depressants for about 9 years. Zoloft was horrible because I was talkative all day then cried all night. I took Paxil for 7 years and it has been the best thing ever. I am currently on Celexa though because Paxil is not safe when pregnant. My daughter is 2 months old, but I am still on Celexa because it works good too. [No need to change back to Paxil]
    XdollskinX

Answer by XdollskinX at 8:28 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I just needed something for pretty severe anxiety and mild panic attacks. My doc put me on a low dose of Zoloft and gave me some Adavan for when I feel an attack coming on. It has worked miracles.. I can focus, sleep at night, and things are much more in perspective. When my mil was on Zoloft it made her bounce off the walls though, so just see what your doctor recommends. I was lucky, a lot of times it's hit and miss until you find something that works. Good luck hon!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• i have taken lexapro for a couple years now and it does work but once in a while I have spells not often
    krickit2

Answer by krickit2 at 8:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• im on zoloft and xanex and still adjusting the levels.
    Tfor2

Answer by Tfor2 at 8:33 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I am still trying to find the correct one or the correct dosage. I have tried Zoloft, Celexa and Wellbutrin. None have seemed very effective. My doc and I are still working on it though. I know there is not a magic pill that will make me happy. That is up to me, but I am looking for one that will help with my crazy mood swings and hopeless feelings....
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 8:37 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• I tried Prozac and it did nothing for me. I was then put on Effexor XR. Effexor works really well for me but apparently does not work well for others. I am not on it for depression but for anxiety. Apparently that is why it works for me. I started it years ago with another doctor. My p.c.p. and I were talking the last time I was in for a new prescription and he was telling me that they don't really use Effexor much because when people go off of it, it depresses them worse. I don't really have that problem. It's not really good for most people to go off and on prescriptions but it doesn't really affect me and I am self aware enough to know when I need it and when I don't, so my doctor doesn't worry. 

kc932

Answer by kc932 at 8:51 PM on Oct. 17, 2010

• every person has a different reaction to them. I can't take alot of them and the few I can take are expensive and since I have no insurance I cannot afford them
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:07 AM on Oct. 18, 2010

• I have tried several different ones over the years. I've been on Cymbalta now for 3 years and it has worked wonders!
    Robsessed98

Answer by Robsessed98 at 2:44 AM on Oct. 18, 2010